47、在这个一切都急剧变化的时代,我不能肯定明年你还会爱我,但是我们能确定今天我们彼此相爱。我确定我非常爱你,愿意对你好,愿意为你付出,愿意和你分享自己的一切,愿意和你一起共同面对每一天的变化,也愿意为你去迸发自己生命的激情和创意,去创造一个更美好的明天。而你也一样,那这就足够了。
1. You can't please[使人感到满意和愉快] everyone.(你不可能讨好每一个人。)
2. I'm working on[着手;从事] it.(我正在努力。)
3. You bet!(当然!)
4. Drop me a line[短信].(写封信给我)
5. Are you pulling my leg[同某人开玩笑;取笑]?(你在开我玩笑吗?)
6. Sooner or later.(迟早会的。)
7. I'll keep my ears open.(我会留意的。)
8. What do you do for relaxation[消遣、娱乐]?(你做什么消遣?)
9. It’s a small world.(世界真小!)
10. It is my treat[请客、款待] this time.(这次我请客!)
11. The sooner the better. (越快越好。)
12. When is the most convenient [方便的;便利的] time for you?
13. Take your time.(慢慢来/别着急。)
14. I'm mad about Bruce Lee.(我迷死李小龙了。)
15. How do I address you?(我怎么称呼你?)
16. What was your name again? (请再说一次名字好吗?)
17. Would you care for[喜欢] a cop of coffee?(要被咖啡吗?)
18. She turns me off.(她使我厌烦。)
19. So far so good.(目前为止,一切都好。)
20. It drives[逼迫;迫使] me crazy.(它把我逼疯了。)
21. She never showed up[出席;露面].(她一直没有出现。)
22. That's not like him.(那不象是他的风格。)
23. I couldn't get through.(电话打不通。)
24. I got sick and tired of hotels.(我讨厌旅馆。)
25. Be my guest.(请便、别客气)
26. Can you keep an eye on my bag?(帮我看一下包好吗?)
27. Let's keep in touch.(让我们保持联系。)
28. Let's call it a day[决定或同意暂时或永久停止(进行某事)].
29. I couldn't help it.(我没办法。)
30. Something's come up[发生/出现].(有点事/出事了)
31. Let's get to the point[要点/核心问题].(让我们来谈要点。)
32. Keep that in mind.(记住那件事。)
33. That was a close call.(太危险了/千钧一发)
34. I'll be looking forward to it.(我将期待这一天。)
35. Chances are slim[渺茫的;微小的].(机会很小。)
36. Far from it.(一点也不。)
37. I’m behind in my work.(我工作进度落后了。)
38. It's a pain in the neck[麻烦的事(人)].(那真是件麻烦事)
39. We're in the same boat.(我们处境相同。)
40. My mouth is watering.(我在流口水了。)
41. What do you recommend?(你推荐什么?)
42. I ache all over.(我浑身酸痛。)
43. I have a runny nose.(我流鼻涕。)
44. It's out of the question.(这是不可能的。)
45. Do you have any openings?(你们有空缺吗?)
46. It doesn't make any difference.(没什么差别/无所谓。)
47. I'm fed up[极其厌烦] with him.(我受够他了。)
48. You can count on[指望;依赖] us.(你可以信赖我们。)
49. It doesn't work.(坏了;不动了。)
50.It's better than nothing.(总比什么都没有好。)
51. Think nothing of it.(别放在心上。)
52. I'm not myself today.(我今天心神不宁。)
53. I have a sweet tooth.(我喜欢吃甜食。)
54. I can't express[表示;表达;表明] myself very well in English.(我不能很好地用英语表达自己。)
55. For the time being.(暂时;暂且;目前)
56. This milk has gone bad.(这牛奶变质了。)
57. Don't beat around the bush. (别拐弯抹角了。)
58. It's up in the air[悬而未决].(尚未确定。)
59. Math is beyond[对某人而言难以想象/理解/估计] me.(我对数学无能为力。)
60. It slipped my mind.(我忘了。)
nothing is more important than to receive education. 没有比接受教育更重要的事。
onnoaccountcanweignorethevalueofknowledge.我们绝对不能忽略知识的价值。
professor taiju matsuzawa wanted to find out why otherwise healthy farmers in northern japan appeared to be losing their ability to think and reason at a relatively early age, and how the process of ageing could he slowed down.taiju matsuzawa 教授想找出为什么日本北部的健康农民在相对年轻的年龄就显得开始失去思考与推理的能力的原因以及怎样才能延缓老化过程。
remember you may be taken to court for not doing so, and you may be fined if you cannot prove to the court that you have been excused from wearing it. 注意你如果不这么做(系安全带)的话,你有可能被告上法庭,而且你有可能被处以罚款除非你能证明你有不带安全带的理由。
sincetheexaminationisaroundthecorner,iamcompelledtogiveupdoingsports.既然考试迫在眉睫,我不得不放弃做运动。
take your time.(慢慢来/别着急。)
theharderyouwork,themoreprogressyoumake.你愈努力,你愈进步。
themorebooksweread,themorelearnedwebecome.我们书读愈多,我们愈有学问。
computer technology enabled the researchers to obtain precise measurements of the volume of the front and side sections of the brain, which relate to intellect (智能) and emotion, and determine the human character. 计算机技术帮助研究人员获得人脑前部和侧部的准确体积,这是与人的智能和情绪有关的部分,而且也决定人的性格特点。
contraction of front and side parts as cells die off was observed in some subjects in their thirties, but it was still not evident in some sixty and seventy-year-olds. 有的人(大脑)前部和侧部的收缩——随着细胞的死亡——在三十多岁时就能被观察到了,但是也有些人直到六七岁依然不明显。
i wasn’t born yesterday.(我又不是三岁小孩。)
i’m mad about bruce lee.(我迷死李小龙了。)
itistimetheauthoritiesconcernedtookproperstepstosolvethetrafficproblems.该是有关当局采取适当的措施来解决交通问题的时候了。
it’s my treat[请客、款待] this time.(这次我请客!)
its a small world.(世界真小!)
listeningtomusicenableustofeelrelaxed.听音乐使我们能够感觉轻松。
the sooner the better. (越快越好。)
there is no denying that the qualities of our living have gone from bad to worse.不可否认的,我们的生活品质已经每况愈下
thereisnoonebutlongstogotocollege.没有人不渴望上大学。
we cannot emphasize the importance of protecting our eyes too much. 我们再怎么强调保护眼睛的重要性也不为过
we know that you have a high opinion of the kind of learning taught in your colleges, and that the costs of living of our young men, while with you, would be very expensive to you. 我们知道你们很看重你们在大学里面教育的学习方法,而且我们的年轻人与你们生活的花费即使对于你们来说也不便宜。
what do you do for relaxation[消遣、娱乐] (你做什么消遣?)
what’s the weather like today (今天天气如何?)
when is the most convenient [方便的;便利的]
time for you where are you headed [朝…方向行进] (你要到哪里去?)
where can i wash my hands (请问洗手间在哪里?)
with a team of colleagues at tokyo national university, he set about measuring brain volumes of a thousand people of different ages and varying occupations. 在东京国立大学的同事们的帮助下,他开始对一千来自不同职业的人群进行了大脑体积的测量。