House: Depends on what you mean by "good". I like the chairs.
这得看你对好医院的定义了,我喜欢这里的椅子.
Dr. Foreman: Isn’t treating patients why we became doctors?
医治病人难道不是我们成为医生的原因吗?
House: No, treating illnesses is why we became doctors. Treating patients is what makes most doctors miserable.
不,医治疾病才是我们做医生的原因,医治病人则是医生痛苦的根源.
Dr. Wilson: I love my wife. 我爱我老婆
House: You certainly love saying it. 当然,你爱这样说。
患者说他可以和上帝对话,然后house说他的问题应该在他的脑袋上.
chase说,这只是宗教信仰
house:you talk to God,you’re religious.God talks to you,you’re psychotic.
你和上帝说话,你是信仰者,上帝和你说话,你是精神病
House: But I have a theory. There is one chemical that, if ingested, it causes a person’s estrogen level to increase dramatically.
我有个理论,有一种药品被服用后会导致病人体内的雌激素水平大幅上升.
Bill: What is it? 那是什么?
House: It’s called...estrogen. 雌激素
一患者志向是成为黑人议员,
House: You’re not going to be President either way - they don’t call it the White House because of the paint job
你无论如何都成不了总统的,白宫之所以叫白宫可不是因为它是给漆成白色的.
House: People don’t want a sick doctor.
人们不喜欢生病的医生.
Dr. Wilson: That’s fair enough, I don’t like healthy patients.
那很公平,我也不喜欢健康的病人.
Dr. Wilson: You will lie, cheat and steal to get what you want, but you’re incapable of kissing a little ass?
你为了得到你要的结果可以坑蒙拐骗,无所不用,怎么就不能稍稍拍拍马屁呢?
House: Well, we all have our limitations.
恩,人总是有缺点的.
House: No, there is not a thin line between love and hate. There is a Great Wall of China with armed sentries posted every 20’ between love and hate.
爱与恨并非只有一线之隔,爱与恨之间隔着一道十步一岗,五步一哨的zg长城.
House: Lift up your arms. You have a parasite.
抬起你的手臂,你体内有个寄生虫.
Jill: Like a tapeworm or something?
你是说象绦虫一类的.东西?
House: Lie back and lift up your sweater.You can put your arms down.
撩起你的毛衣,躺下,把手放下来
Jill: Can you do anything about it?
你能除掉它吗?
House: Only for about a month or so. After that it becomes illegal to remove, except in a couple of states.
在大多数洲里,除掉超过一个月大的这种寄生虫是非法的.
Jill: Illegal? 非法的?
House: Don’t worry. Many women learn to embrace this parasite. They name it, dress it up in tiny clothes, arrange playdates with other parasites...
别担心,很多女人都会喜欢她们的寄生虫,给它起名字,穿衣服,还让它和其他的寄生虫一起玩.
Jill: Playdates…
House: (showing her sonogram) It has your eyes.
它的眼睛很象你(这位女士怀孕了)
Dr. Wilson: I’m still amazed you’re in the same room as a patient.
真令我惊讶,你居然还和患者呆在一间屋子里.
House: People don’t bother me until they get teeth.
没长牙的小家伙我倒不怕.
House: As long as you’re trying to be good, you can do whatever you want.
只要你尽力了,就表示你可以做任何你想做的事情
Dr. Wilson: And as long as you’re not trying, you can say whatever you want.
只要你不去尽力,你就可以说任何你想说的话.
House: So between us, we can do whatever we want. We can rule the world!
那么说我们两个人加起来就做任何事,说任何话了,我们可以一起统治世界了.
House: So what’s her name and when do I get to meet her?
她的名字叫什么,我什么时候能见到她?(盘问Wilson的约会对象)
Dr. Wilson: There’s nobody! Give it up!
别瞎猜了,根本没这回事
House: Your lips say no, but your shoes say yes.
你嘴上说不,可你的鞋子泄露了真相(WILSON换了双漂亮的新鞋)
Dr. Wilson: They’re French. You can’t trust a word they say.
它们是法国货,法国人的话一句都不能信
Dr. Foreman: Why are you riding on me?
你为什么对我这么刻薄?
House: It’s what I do. Has it gotten worse lately?
我就是这样子,最近我变得更厉害了吗?
Dr. Foreman: Yeah. Seems to me.
对我来说是的.
House: Really? Well, that rules out the race thing. You were just as black last week.
真的吗?那么肯定不是种族歧视的原因了,你还和上周一样的黑.
Dr. Forman: Ten-year olds do not have heart attacks. It’s got to be a mistake.
10岁的孩子不会得心脏病,肯定有什么地方错了
House: Right. The simplest explanation is she’s a 40-year old lying about her age. Maybe an actress trying to hang on.