今天我学会控制情绪。
The tides advance; the tides recede. Winter goes and summer comes. summer wanes and the cold increases. The sun rises; the sun sets. The moon is full; the moon is black. The birds arrive; the birds depart. Flowers bloom; flowers fade. Seeds are sown; harvests are reaped. all nature is a circle of moods and I am a part of nature and so, like the tides, my moods will rise; my moods will fall.
潮起潮落,冬去春来,夏末秋至,日出日落,月圆月缺,雁来雁往,花飞花谢,草长瓜熟,自然界万物都在循环往复的变化中,我也不例外,情绪会时好时坏。
Today I will be master of my emotions.
今天我学会控制情绪。
It is one of nature's tricks, little understood, that each day I awaken with moods that have changed from yesterday. Yesterday's joy will become today's sadness; yet today's sadness will grow into tomorrow's joy. Inside me is a wheel, constantly turning from sadness to joy, from exultation to depression, from happiness to melancholy. Like the flowers, today's full bloom of joy will fade and wither into despondency, yet I will remember that as today's dead flower carries the seed of tomorrow's bloom so, too, does today's sadness carry the seed of tomorrow's joy.
这是大自然的玩笑,很少有人窥破天机。每天我醒来时,不再有旧日的心情。昨日的快乐变成今天的哀愁,今天的悲伤又转为明日的喜悦。我心中像一只轮子不停地转着,由乐而悲,由悲而喜,由喜而忧。这就好比花儿的变化,今天枯败的花儿蕴藏着明天新生的种子,今天的悲伤也预示着明天的快乐。
Today I will be master of my emotions.
今天我学会控制情绪。
And how will I master these emotions so that each day will be productive? For unless my mood is right the day will be a failure. Trees and plants depend on the weather to flourish but I make my own weather, yea I transport it with me. If I bring rain and gloom and darkness and pessimism to my customers then they will react with rain and gloom and darkness and pessimism and they will purchase naught. If I bring joy and enthusiasm and brightness and laughter to my customers they will react with joy and enthusiasm and brightness and laughter and my weather will produce a harvest of sales and a granary of gold for me.
我怎样才能控制情绪,以使每天卓有成效呢?除非我心平气和,否则迎来的又将是失败的一天。花草树木,随着气候的变化而生长,但是我为自己创造天气。我要学会用自己的心灵弥补气候的不足。如果我为顾客带来风雨、忧郁、黑暗和悲观,那么他们也会报之于风雨、忧郁、黑暗和悲观,而他们什么也不会买。相反的,如果我们为顾客献上欢乐、喜悦、光明和笑声,他们也会报之以欢乐、喜悦、光明和笑声,我就能获得销售上的丰收,赚取成仓的金币。
Today I will be master of my emotions.
今天我学会控制情绪。
And how will I master my emotions so that every day is a happy day, and a productive one? I will learn this secret of the ages: Weak is he who permits his thoughts to control his actions; strong is he who forces his actions to control his thoughts. Each day, when I awaken, I will follow this plan of battle before I am captured by the forces of sadness, self-pity and failure-
我怎样才能控制情绪,让每天充满幸福和欢乐?我要学会这个千古秘诀:弱者任思绪控制行为,强者让行控制思绪。每天醒来当我被悲伤、自怜、失败的情绪包围时,我就这样与之对抗:
If I feel depressed I will sing.
沮丧时,我引吭高歌。
If I feel sad I will laugh.
悲伤时,我开怀大笑。
If I feel ill I will double my labor.
病痛时,我加倍工作。
If I feel fear I will plunge ahead.
恐惧时,我勇往直前。
If I feel inferior I will wear new garments.
自卑时,我换上新装。
If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice.
不安时,我提高嗓声。
If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come.
穷困潦倒时,我想象未来的富有。
If I feel incompetent I will remember past success.
力不从心时,我回想过去的成功。
If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.
自轻自贱时,我想想自己的目标。
Today I will be master of my emotions.
今天我要学会控制自己的情绪。
Henceforth, I will know that only those with inferior ability can always be at their best, and I am not inferior. There will be days When I must IN THE WORLD constantly struggle against forces which would tear me down. Those such as despair and sadness are simple to recognize but there are others which approach with a smile and the hand of friendship and they can also destroy me. Against them, too, I must never relinquish control-
从今往后,我明白了,只有低能者才会江郎才尽,我并非低能者,我必须不断对抗那限些企图摧垮我的力量。失望与悲伤一眼就会被识破,而其它许多敌人是不易觉察的。它们往往面带微笑,却随时可能将我们摧垮。对它们,我们永远不能放松警惕。
If I become overconfident I will recall my failures.
自高自大时,我要追寻失败的记忆。
If I overindulge I will think of past hungers.
纵情得意时,我要记得挨饿的日子。
If I feel complacency I will remember my competition.
洋洋得意时,我要想想竞争的对手。
If I enjoy moments of greatness I will remember moments of shame.
沾沾自喜时,不要忘了那忍辱的时刻。
If I feel all-powerful I will try to stop the wind.
自以为是时,看看自己能否让步驻步。
If I attain great wealth I will remember one unfed mouth.
腰缠万贯时,想想那些食不果腹的人。
If l become overly proud I will remember a moment of weakness.
骄傲自满时,要想到自己怯懦的时候。
If I feel my skill is unmatched I will look at the stars.
不可一世时,让我抬头,仰望群星。
Today I will be master of my emotions.
今天我学会控制情绪。
And with this new knowledge I will also understand and recognize the moods of him on whom I call. I will make allowances for his anger and irritation of today for he knows not the secret of controlling his mind. I can withstand his arrows and insults for now I know that tomorrow he will change and be a joy to approach.
有了这项新本领,我也更能体察别人的情绪变化。我宽容怒气冲冲的人,因为他尚未懂得控制自己的情绪,就可以忍受他的指责与辱骂,因为我知道明天他会改变,重新变得随和。
No longer will I judge a man on one meeting; no longer will I fail to call again tomorrow on he who meets me with hate today. This day he will not buy gold chariots for a penny, yet tomorrow he would exchange his home for a tree. My knowledge of this secret will be my key to great wealth.
我不再只凭一面之交来判断一个人,也不再一时的怨恨与人绝交,今天不肯花一分钱买金蓬马车的人,明天也许会用全部家当换树苗。知道了这个秘密,我可以获得极大的财富。
Today l will be master of my emotions.
今天我学会控制情绪。
Henceforth I will recognize and identify the mystery of moods in all mankind, and in me. From this moment I am prepared to control whatever personality awakes in me each day. I will master my moods through positive action and when I master my moods I will control my destiny.
我从此领悟人类情绪的变化的奥秘。对于自己千变万化的个性,我不再听之任之,我知道,只有积极主动地控制情绪,才能掌握自己的命运。
Today I control my destiny, and my destiny is to become the greatest salesman in the world!
我控制自己的命运就是成为世界上最伟大的推销员!
I will become master of myself.
我成为自己的主人。
I will become great.
我由此而变得伟大。
1、能主宰自己灵魂的人,将永远被称为征服者的征服者。——普罗图斯
2、征服自我的人是最了不起的胜利者。——比彻
3、自制或忍耐是理性能力的一种完善,乃和情欲持久反抗,以免乎理性能力之沦丧。——柯奎那
4、一个人一旦打响了征服自我的战斗,他便是值得称道的人。——勃朗宁
5、人类的主要优点在于能抵制天性的冲动。——约翰逊
6、节制和劳动是人类的两个真正的`医生;劳动促进了人的食欲,而节制可以防止他贪食过度。——卢梭
7、我们的真正快乐在于自由地支配自己。——布封
8、生活缺少了节制便没有益处。——欧里庇得斯
9、明智地对待别人要比明智地对待自己来得更方便自然。——拉罗什富科
10、不能自制就不能忍饥、耐渴、克制情欲、忍受瞌睡,而这一切正是吃、喝、性交、休息、睡眠之所以有乐趣的原因。——苏格拉底
11、人类的力量在每一领域都增强了,惟独自我克制的力量没有成长。——丘吉尔
12、有了自制力,就不会向人翻脸,或暴露出足以引起不幸的弱点来。——莱特
13、自制有个极限,超过极限就不再是美德了。——伯克
14、节制是一种德性,它带来的烦恼要比痛苦带来的烦恼。——蒙田
15、与心作斗争是很困难的,因为每个愿望都是以灵魂为代价换来的。——赫拉克利特
1、A day is a miniature of eternity. ( Emerson )
一天是永恒的缩影。(爱默生)
2、Miracles sometimes occur, but one has to work terribly for them. ( C. Weizmann )
奇迹有时候是会发生的,但是你得为之拼命蒂努力。(魏茨曼)
3、It takes two to make a quarrel.
一个巴掌拍不响。
4、single spark can start a prairie fire.
星星之火,可以燎原。
5、A friend in need is a friend indeed.
患难见真情。
6、Each man is the architect of his own fate.
每个人都是自己命运的建筑师。
7、Don't trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
麻烦没有来找你,不要去找麻烦。
8、A good name is better than riches.
声誉胜于财富。
9、Time is a bird for ever on the wing. ( T. W. Robertson )
时间是一只永远在飞翔的鸟。(罗伯逊)
10、An open enemy is better than a hollow friend.
宁有公开的'敌人,不要虚伪的朋友。
11、Speech is the image of actions.
语言是行动的反映。
12、It is always morning somewhere in the world.
世界上总是有某个地方可以看到阳光。
13、If you do not learn to think when you are young, you may never learn. ( Edison )
如果你年轻时不学会思考,那就永远不会。(爱迪生)
14、Anger begins with folly, and ends in repentance.
愤怒以愚蠢开始,以后悔告终。
15、Talents come from diligence, and knowledge is gained by accumulation.
天才在于勤奋,知识在于积累。
16、The greater the man, the more restrained his anger.
人越伟大,越能克制怒火。
17、If there were less sympathy in the world, there would be less trouble in the world. ( O. Wilde )
如果世界上少一些同情,世界上也就会少一些麻烦。(王尔德)
18、All lay load on the willing horse.
人善被人欺,马善被人骑。
19、Strike the iron while it is hot.
趁热打铁。
20、When shepherds quarrel, the wolf has a winning game.
鹬蚌相争,渔翁得利。
21、Morality may consist solely in the courage of making a choice. ( L. Blum )
品德可能仅仅在于有勇气作出抉择。(布鲁斯)
22、Haste trips over its own heels.
忙易出错。
23、A watched pot never boils.
心急喝不了热粥。
24、Birds of a feather flock together.
物以类聚,人以群分。
25、He who commences many things finishes but a few.
样样都搞,完成者少。
26、There is no such thing as darkness; only a failure to see. ( Muggeridge )
没有黑暗这种东西,只有看不见而已。(马格里奇)
27、You cannot step twice into the same river.
你不能两次踏入同一条河流。
28、Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know.
明枪易躲,暗箭难防。
29、Courage and resolution are the spirit and soul of virtue.
勇气和坚定是美德的精神与灵魂。
30、Do not, for one repulse, forgo the purpose that you resolved to effort. ( Shakespeare )
不要只因一次挫败,就放弃你原来决心想达到的目的。(莎士比亚)